Wednesday, July 19, 2006


I have worked in Health Care, in one capacity or another, for most of my working life so far. Lately I have been doing home care supportive work, helping maintain our clients in their own homes for a long as possible. This particular place I visit, is a world of history, agriculture, vintage gardens, color, and even ghosts that DO go bump in the night! The other day I was opening windows, leting in the smell of freshly baled hay, which had sparked all sorts of discussions with my client! Lots of memories of haying back in the horse drawn days, when cars were around but still ignored, and tractors were more work than they were worth to buy. I happened to spy these hollyhocks waving in the summer breeze right by his front door. Knowing them to be his favorite flower, I grabbed my camera and snapped a few, so that he can see, even though we can't get his wheelchair over the rough ground for him to see them in person. See that they are still cheery and beautiful and noticed even by cars passing along the busy highway right along his property. There is always something to see at this farm, and I try to keep my camera ready each visit, in case a special moment should come along. Keeping Life alive, for those who would otherwise so easily slip away unnoticed from it, is something I try to do each day. Its not much effort, and always a pleasure shared.

1 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, July 26, 2006 , Blogger roseygirl said...

These flowers are so pretty! I wish I had something like this in front of my house :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home